Window replacement is a big investment that pays dividends down the road. However, energy efficiency is only one of the many factors you should consider. While secondary, you should also consider custom-shaped windows. Any geometric shape besides the typical rectangle is a welcome change for most homeowners.
Why Custom-Shaped Windows?
Take a stroll around your neighborhood and look at the homes. 99% of the houses have rectangular windows. That is simply the default choice. Unless you specify a specific shape, you’re going to receive a window with four pointy corners.
A window of any other geometric shape adds to the curb appeal, simply because of the novelty. After all, how often do you see a residential window with a rounded perimeter?
You can also add custom-shaped windows as an additional fixture above or to the sides of a traditional window. This provides more total window surface to allow in more light.
Custom Window Shapes
Consider some of these window configurations:
- Circular or oval
- Circular top with extended legs and flat bottom
- Cathedral style with a triangular top
- Hexagon or octagon
- Quarter arch
- Pentagon or equilateral pentagon
Other Custom Considerations
Homeowners have other custom options besides the shape. This includes:
- Designer glass: You can incorporate decorative etched glass patterns or privacy glass.
- Energy-efficient glass: Consider double or even triple-pane glass for maximum energy efficiency.
- Decorative grids: You can add grids between the glass layers to create a distinctive design. Flat or contoured are the two most popular choices.
- Colors: Give the glass a specific hue. A bluish tint, for example, complements nicely with coastal blue siding.
We Install Custom Designs
Are you ready for a window upgrade? Call Exteriors Unlimited for new window installation. Browse our gallery to see how homes improve at an aesthetic level with new windows. With custom-shaped windows, you have a whole new way of introducing curb appeal.
Custom Window Installation
Serving Spokane, Spokane Valley, Liberty Lake, Medical Lake, Cheney, Sprague, Reardan, Spangle, Rockford, Fairfield, Edwall, Ford, Clayton, Deer Park, Colbert, Chattaroy, Mead, Airway Heights, Davenport, Ritzville, Nine Mill Falls, Rosalia, Oakdale, Tekoa, Colfax, St. John, and Endicott Springdale, Elk, Post Falls and Coeur d’Alene since 1984